Carrie's fiction

Friday, October 22, 2004

Welcome to my novel blog, created on account of November being some kind of, "official novel writing month." Well, that's a coincidence because i am on page 23 of my novel and will soon need all kinds of feedback. I'm submitting a segment for some grad school apps in January. Actually, I thought I was writing a novel, but by page 23 I seem to be already entering the climax, so I'm wondering if i was just thinkng about a long short story all these years. I thought of the major plot elements for this thing like, 6 years ago when I lived in China, and I think the idea of writing a NOVEL scared me away from really working on it much. If i had thought it was just a short story, i would have written it years ago, hehe. But actually i think the reason i'm already nearing the climax at page 23 is because i neglected to write the whole middle of the novel. but hey, i'm just trying to write novel segments at this point to submit, so i'll probably stop all-out writing soon and start polishing.

anyhoo, i'm going to lay it on you, all 23 pages of it, single spaced. i'm not sure if one blog entry can handle that. in fact, i'm going to start a new one for it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home